Fortune Island is one of the interesting tourist spots in Nasugbo Batangas. It features replica of ancient buildings of great architectural like Parthenon. You would feel that you're in Acropolis Greece.
Fortune Island is located about 15 kilometers off the coast of Nasugbu, Batangas which can be reached via 1-hour boat ride from the jump off point. The island measures about 27 hectares and filled with Grecian architecture from the famous pillars of Parthenon and unique structures featuring ancients gods and mythical creatures, imitating Greek Acropolis.
All pillars and statues are all broken. You would see the damages causes by heavy rains, strong winds and direct heat of the sun. The place is perfect venue for selfie, groupie and photoshoot. There are some local brands shoot their TV commercial here. The Grecian pillars and statues on the edge of the island overlooking the sea are the best spot to take picture.
If you heard some ghost stories about Fortune Island, it's up to you if you will believe it or not. Some tourists shared that there're ghosts or souls around the island. These spirits were souls of the people who died in the tragedy in the past (sunken merchant galleon San Diego). Maybe one of the reasons why some tourists don't stay overnight because of these horror tales.
For those adventure seekers, you can enjoy cliff jumping. You can also find around 20 diving spots near the island. Enjoy the breath-taking view of the rock formation and crystal clear water as you dive into the sea.
How to get to Fortune Island
- Take a bus bound for Nasugbu in Buendia. Travel time is around 2- 3 hours
- From Nasugbo Terminal, take a tricycle going to the resort, jump off point
- From the resort, take a boat going to Fortune Island. Travel Time is around 1 hour
- Manila to Nasugbo (Bus)- P150
- Nasugbo Terminal to Resort- P20
- Fortune Island Landing Fee / Permit- P300/pax/daytrip -P400/pax/overnight
- Boat Rental Fee- P4000-P6000/ depends on the number of pax
Travel Guide / Tips / Reminders
- There are no resorts or cottages in the island
- Please put sunblock on your skin or bring hat /cap or umbrella to protect you from the direct heat of the sun
- Please bring enough water and food. No store in the island
- Secure your mobile phone, camera or any gadgets from water. Put it in a plastic bag or drybag
- Haggle the price of the boat. Please use your convincing power to make 'tawad' to the boatman
- It's advisable to go the island during summer season like March to May
- There's available CR in the island. Please don't expect too much!
- There's no electricity
- There's a signal for Smart and Globe user
- Cliff jumping is a must try
- Include on your itinerary the sidetrip to Tagaytay