Mt Ngusong Kabayo is one the newest mountain that was opened in Tanay Rizal. It's 2-3 hours away from Metro Manila which jump off point is located at Barangay Laiban. This mountain is a minor hiking destination which is perfect for beginner.
Going to the barangay is around 45-minute travel with habal habal. You will pass through small streams which water is below the knee. If you are afraid to ride a motorbike, you need to hire a big jeepney or you can bring a 4x4 wheel. The streams are very rocky and sometimes the level of the water goes up when it rains. It's not advisable to bring your own car.
Permit is necessary especially for those who want to stay overnight. You need to pay P80 at the barangay hall. The guide will show you Mount Ngusong Kabayo, Mount Tangwa, Puting Bato River and Laiban Falls.
How to get there?
- Take a jeepney from Cubao going to Cogeo and tell the driver to drop you of near the jeepney terminal going to Sampaloc-P25
- From Cogeo (jeepney terminal), take a jeepney going to Sampaloc and tell the driver to drop you off at Mayagay 1 -P55
- Next, take habal habal going to Brgy Laiban -P100
- Register at the Brgy Hall -P80 includes the registration fee and all the destinations mentioned above
- Guide fee is P500
Travel Guide / Tips
- It will take 2-3 hours to reach the summit
- Expect rough and muddy road /trail
- You will pass through a river to reach Laiban Falls (the water level is below the knee)
- It's advisable to wear sandals/shoes
- Bring enough water and trail food
- Overnight is not yet allowed
- Bring sunblock or travel essentials that will protect you from the direct heat of the sun
- Limatics reside in one of the trails near the Laiban Falls
- Lomi is availble in one of the Kagawad's house for only P35