If you are beginner in hiking, Mt Balagbag will fit for you. It's a minor climb mountain destination in the north that will give you a smooth hiking experience.
Mt. Balagbag is located at the boundaries of San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan and Rodriguez, Rizal. It's is over 700 MASL with a trail class of 1-2 and difficulty of 3 out of 9. ALong the summit, you can find the Metro Manila's skyline. The trail is visible and wide. There's a little bit ascending part but that's not much difficult.
This mountain is also a favorite training venue of runners and bikers. Some of the 4x4 wheel enthusiasts love also to bring their car to the summit.
How to get to Mt. Balagbag
- Take a bus from Cubao going to Tungko. Travel time is less than an hour. Fare is P55
- From Tungko, ride a jeep bound for Licao-licao. Travel time is 30 minutes. Fare is P27
Registration fee - Php 10.00
Fee to Mt Balagabag - P20.00
- Last trip of Jeep going to Tunko to Licao Licao is 10PM
- Last trip of Jeep from Licao Licao to Tungko is P6PM
- No required tour guide but you can hire.
- No fix fee for guide.
- Bring sunblock and headgear
- Bring lots of water and trail food
If you a have review, blog or opinion about Mt. Balagbag, please put a comment below.